My Freedom of Speech


~*~*~*~ SEE NO EVIL, HEAR NO EVIL, SPEAK NO EVIL!! THEN AGAIN, WHO EXACTLY DEFINES WHAT 'EVIL' IS?! ~*~*~*~
 

Monday, September 04, 2006

Can people change?!

For those of u who've seen '16 Blocks' u probably remember when Bruce Willis tells Mos Def (By the way, I think he did an amazing acting job in that movie) that people don't change, while Mos Def tells him that people do change... What's ur take on this?! Do people change? There's the saying that goes "Once a cheater, always a cheater" which primarily goes inline with the theory that people do not (and cannot) change...
I personally think that people can change... Of course I also believe that the majority of people do not change... Nevertheless, I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt by following the whole "Innocent till proven otherwise" theory... With that in mind, I'm also that type of person that puts much emphassis on someone's past... Although one might change, and I'll applaud them for it, I'll always remember the things they've done in the past, especially the things that may impact me significantly... Some mistakes can be forgiven and forgotten, others cannot... In between, there are mistakes that can be forgiven but not forgotten... These mistakes tend to leave some sort of infinite scars...
I know that perfection only exists in the creator himself, but that does not mean I should sit back, fuck up here, there and everywhere then say "It's okay, I'm not perfect"

Posted by -OT- @ 12:38 PM, with 19 Comments so far!

Add to the comments

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

My Freedom of Speech 2006