My Freedom of Speech


~*~*~*~ SEE NO EVIL, HEAR NO EVIL, SPEAK NO EVIL!! THEN AGAIN, WHO EXACTLY DEFINES WHAT 'EVIL' IS?! ~*~*~*~
 

Friday, August 04, 2006

The world of Mac!!

I've always been a loyal fan of Windows based laptops and PCs... Now I have an HP Pavilion laptop at home and a Toshiba at the office... Prior to that, I had an IBM Thinkpad during my college years... I've had my HP for close to 2 years now, and although its still up to date with the lower end laptops (Intel Centrino, 1.6 GHz, 60 GB Hard Drive, 256 MB RAM memory, CD/DVD Writer, etc...) I feel like I need to reward myself with a new laptop. Yeah, I like to spoil myself every once in a while since no one else seems to be spoiling me!!!
While I adore my HP laptop and even loved my IBM Thinkpad even more back when I first got it, I think the time has come for me to buy a MAC!!!! Should I make the world famous conversion?? Can I handle it?? I think I can, and I have fallen in love with Mac's new laptops, mainly the MacBook Pro (15" widescreen) and the MacBook in white (13.3" widescreen)...
Both laptops are equpped with Intel's core duo technology, making them much faster than Mac's previous Powerbooks, which in turn were even faster than most Windows based laptops... Now let me give the advantages of both and let you all help me decide :)
MacBook Pro:
Pros: Large screen... 1 inch thick... Beautiful matted metalic sliver case... Backlit keyboard...
Cons: More expensive... Larger and less mobile... Heavier
MacBook:
Pros: Great size... Amazing white plastic case (Like the iPod)... Light... Affordable price...
Cons: No backlit keyboard... Glossy screen (Could be pro or con based on opinion)... A bit thicker than the MBP (1.1")...
So, do any of you have either of the two? I need assurances more than technical information, because I've researched all the tech specs and all... I just need opinions :)
Also, I've heard that many people were unhappy with the MacBook because some faulty versions were getting too hot and shutting down on a regular basis... I hear that's an issue! People are saying that the MacBook really really heats up!
I'm leaning towards getting the White MacBook but I still wanna hear what everyone has to say... Thanks :)

Posted by -OT- @ 9:00 PM, with 20 Comments so far!

Add to the comments

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

My Freedom of Speech 2006